Iraqi anti-terror resistance groups have reiterated their readiness to counter any possible attack by US occupation forces, saying that they are also on high alert for any US false-flag operation aimed at creating further unrest in the Arab country.
The Iraqi resistance group Asbat al-Thaireen, or League of the Revolutionaries, on Thursday showed off its intelligence power by releasing its drone footage of US-occupied Ain al-Assad Airbase, which was recently equipped with the sophisticated Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar (C-RAM) systems.
The group has also released drone footage of another US-occupied base, the Harir Camp, north of Erbil, which has also been equipped with the C-RAM.
Asbat al-Thaireen had earlier issued a statement to caution Iraqi forces against staying close to Americans in order to protect their lives.
The group said it had prepared itself for an attack on the US-occupied Al-Assad Airbase at the time of the presence of the US’ undersecretary of defense and a number of other American officials at the base, but called the operation off as it realized there were a number of Iraqi troops nearby.
The anti-terror resistance group says the operation was called off despite the fact that American reconnaissance drones had not noticed the resistance fighters.
The statement also warned that the group possesses equipment and weapons that they enemy would not even imagine, but has tasted them in Taji military base.
The group, which is part of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), had earlier claimed responsibility for the 11 and 14 March rocket attacks US-occupied Camp Taji north of capital Baghdad.
Earlier on Thursday, the other PMU group, Kata’ib Hezbollah warned US President Donald Trump about taking any hostile measures against the Iraqi nation and resistance groups.
In a statement, Kata’ib Hezbollah said providing that all American troops in Iraq kept withdrawing from the Arab country until the last soldier, no attack would be launched by the resistance group against them.
The statements come against the backdrop of suspicious attacks in recent weeks, which are described as false-flag operations by the US military.
Trump on Wednesday threatened Iran with a “heavy price” if the Islamic Republic or its allies in Iraq attack American troops in Iraq.
“Upon information and belief, Iran or its proxies are planning a sneak attack on US troops and/or assets in Iraq,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “If this happens, Iran will pay a very heavy price, indeed!”
The US deployed Patriot missile systems to Iraq last week, apparently as a precaution against possible rocket attacks.
However, Iraqi resistance groups are on high alert for any possible false-flag operation by the US forces, which are supposed to leave the Arab country.
The Iraqi military has called for an immediate withdrawal of all foreign troops from the country in accordance with the parliamentary resolution passed earlier this year following a string of US strikes against multiple PMU positions.