Hundreds of Palestinian are facing imminent displacement as Israel plans to demolish a village in the occupied West Bank, a Palestinian media report says.
Nearly 300 inhabitants of Susiya village are at risk of being displaced after Israel’s high court last month rejected a petition filed by local residents to halt demolition orders for the village, the Palestinian Ma’an News Agency reported on Wednesday.
The ruling by the court means that the Israeli regime could move in and demolish the residential and agricultural structures at any time, the report added.
The village is located just a hundred meters away from an Israeli settlement in southern Hebron (al-Khalil).
The ruling is the latest setback for the Palestinians in a decades-long battle against forced displacement by the Israeli regime.
According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), several villages belonging to Palestinians have already been razed by the Israeli regime forces across the occupied territories in recent months.
The OCHA sources say the Israeli regime has leveled as many as 42 Palestinian-owned structures in al-Quds (Jerusalem), Ramallah, Jericho, and al-Khalil since January 20.
This is while international law prohibits the destruction of private or public property in occupied territories.
The Israeli regime is already under fire for tearing down the homes of Palestinians, with international organizations and rights groups repeatedly calling for the Israeli regime to stop the demolition of the homes of Palestinians.
The anti-settlement group, Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions has said that Israel destroyed at least 359 Palestinian structures in the West Bank throughout 2014.
Israel is continuing its expansionist agenda by confiscating Palestinian lands and resources despite constant criticism by the international community.
More than half a million Israelis live in over 120 illegal settlements built on occupied territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds (East Jerusalem).