Yemen

Saudi Arabia kills 20 in attacks on houses in Yemen capital

Saudi warplanes have bombed two houses in Yemen’s capital, killing at least 20 civilians, medical and local officials say.

“Two missiles hit the two houses in the Asbahi district in southern Sana’a, destroying them, killing 20 people and wounding others,” Reuters quoted a medic at the scene as saying.

Local officials said earlier in the day that a hotel had been targeted in the same district, but there were no immediate report of casualties.

At least 25 civilians were killed and scores were also wounded after Saudi warplanes targeted the districts of Hasbah, Sawan as well as a sports stadium in the capital on Monday.

Several residential houses as well as an administrative building were also destroyed in the air raids.

Saudi Arabia launched a military aggression against Yemen on March 26 – without a United Nations mandate – in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and restore power to fugitive former Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.

According to Civil Coalition, a Yemeni NGO, 6,091 Yemenis have lost their lives in the Saudi airstrikes and a total of 13,552 people have been injured.

It said there are 3,006 women and children among the dead while as many as 2,997 women and children have been wounded.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker