Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has lashed out at the United States for playing a blame game over the recent Yemeni drone attacks on Saudi oil facilities, saying this will never stop Yemeni victims from giving a response.
The US “is in denial if it thinks that Yemeni victims of 4.5 yrs of the worst war crimes wouldn’t do all to strike back. Perhaps it’s embarrassed that $100s of blns of its arms didn’t intercept Yemeni fire,” Zarif said in a post on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
He added, “But blaming Iran won’t change that.”
Zarif reiterated Iran’s stance that ending the deadly war on Yemen is the “only solution for all.”
Yemen’s Ansarullah movement and their allies in the Yemeni army deployed as many as 10 drones to bomb Abqaiq and Khurais oil facilities run by the Saudi state-owned oil company Aramco before dawn Saturday.
Earlier in the day, US VP Mike Pence reiterated the tone set by President Trump and said that “it’s certainly looking like Iran was behind these attacks.”
“As the president said, we don’t want war with anybody but the United States is prepared,” Pence said.
Tehran has categorically dismissed Washington’s claim of Iranian involvement in the Yemeni raids.