An official with the Iranian Judiciary has refuted reports by certain media that the heads of the sedition movement, Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, were shifted from their homes to a prison. â€œReports by certain media about the transfer of Karroubi and Mousavi to a prison are not correct and Â are rejected,â€ Iran’s Judiciary Spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei told media on Tuesday.
Foreign media outlets supporting the counter-revolutionaries, pursuing their own objectives, had earlier claimed that Mousavi and Karroubi were arrested and shifted to an unknown location from their Tehran residences late Thursday.
Defeated presidential candidates Mousavi and Karroubi are known as the leaders of the sedition movement for their role in the country’s post-vote unrest.
On Monday, Mohseni-Ejei said restrictions have been imposed on communication networks, including visits and phone conversations, of the leaders of sedition.
He also warned that tougher measures would be taken against the “domestic counter-revolutionary movement”, if necessary.Back to top button
The supporters of the two as well as some members of the terrorist Mujahedin Khalq Organization gathered in small numbers in parts of the Iranian capital, Tehran, on February 14 in an attempt to cause a riot.
The violence in the Iranian capital left two people dead and several others injured.