Iran

Iran Calls on Saudi Officials to Stop Futile Words

The Iranian foreign ministry deplored as “baseless and useless” the allegations raised in a joint statement by Riyadh and Cairo at the end of the Saudi crown prince’s visit to Egypt claiming that Tehran interferes in the affairs of the regional states.

“It is regrettable to see that the political and diplomatic meetings between the officials of certain countries in our region have turned into a scene to raise baseless allegations against other regional states instead of resolving the problems and getting rid of the current situation of attrition,” Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said on Wednesday.

He stressed that the region needs rationality and pragmatism instead of hostility and antagony which will lead to backwardness, divergence and the enemies’ misuse.

“The allegation that Iran has interefered in the regional states, no matter who and in what form has raised it, is condemned and the Islamic Republic of Iran has always prioritized the neighboring states in its foreign policy and endeavors in different forms to resolve the regional conflicts and increase convergence until security and stability rules the region,” Qassemi added.

Egypt and Saudi Arabia on Tuesday rejected what they called as interference by Iran and Qatar in the politics of Arab countries, while stressing that they are continuing to counter Doha’s backing of terrorism.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Salman concluded his multi-day trip to Cairo earlier on Tuesday, during which he met with President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi in his first official foreign trip since becoming crown prince last year.

In June 2017, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the UAE severed diplomatic ties and transport links with Qatar for what they said is Doha’s support of terrorist groups and meddling in their internal affairs, which Qatar has denied.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker