Iraqi Hezbollah Battalions in a statement warned Washington of a crushing response for recent attacks on military positions in Iraq.
“We consider the US as solely responsible for raids on our military centers and we are aware that they are planning to launch other attacks either directly or indirectly through Zionists,” the statement said.
It noted the US uses some Iraqi local mercenaries to spy on the country’s military centers.
Iraqi Hezbollah Battalions warned Washington that any new attack on Iraq’s military centers will receive a rigid response.
In a relevant development earlier on Friday, Iraq’s Hashd al-Shaabi (popular mobilization forces) traced and targeted a spy drone over one of its centers near Baghdad.
Furthermore, Over the past month, alleged attacks have targeted four training camps and arms depots used by Iraq’s Hashd al-Shaabi Popular Mobilization Units (PMU). There have been no claims of responsibility.
On Wednesday, the paramilitary force said in a statement it had carried out its own investigation and pointed the finger at the US military, but also accused Israel of infringing Iraqi airspace.
The most recent of the explosions at PMU positions came Tuesday night, at a munitions depot north of Baghdad.