Israeli forces have killed two more Palestinians in the occupied West Bank as Tel Aviv’s acts of aggression continue in the territory.
Palestine’s Ma’an news agency said on Monday that a man was shot dead by Israeli forces after he reportedly stabbed and killed a settler on Route 443 which runs from north of the occupied city of al-Quds (Jerusalem) to the city of Ramallah.
The incident came just hours after Israelis shot dead another Palestinian at the Huwwara checkpoint south of the city of Nablus. Israelis said the slain Palestinian had attempted to stab a soldier. Israelis had also killed a young girl near the same checkpoint on Sunday.
The deaths of the two men bring to three the total number of Palestinians killed by Israel on Monday, as a 16-year-old girl was shot dead earlier in the day in al-Quds after she allegedly killed a settler in a marketplace in the city. Another Palestinian teenage girl was also injured in the incident.
More than 90 Palestinians have been killed over the past weeks as tensions continue across the occupied territories over increasing attacks by the Israeli settlers. Palestinians are also angry at a plan by the Tel Aviv regime to change the status quo of the al-Aqsa Mosque Compound in East al-Quds (Jerusalem). Nineteen Israelis have also been killed during this period.
The Israeli regime’s August imposition of restrictions on the entry of Palestinian worshipers into the al-Aqsa Mosque compound has also further intensified the clashes.