The Saudi security forces used armored vehicles to attack and besiege the Shiite-populated town of Awamiya in Qatif region, reports said.
An explosion was heard in Awamiya and Saudi Arabia’s military vehicles blocked the entrance and exit roads to the town, the opposition media reported.
Different Twitter accounts by Saudi users confirmed the Riyadh’s attack on residential areas of Awamiya.
Awamiya town is located in the Eastern parts of Saudi Arabia and the reports indicate that the Saudi regime’s security forces raid the houses of the citizens on different pretexts.
In June, the Saudi security forces raided several mosques in the Eastern parts of the country and arrested a number of people who had volunteered to protect the mosques.
The security forces attacked a number of mosques in al-Qatif region in Eastern Saudi Arabia, Al-Qatif Mobasher news website reported.
It said that after continued failures of the Saudi forces to protect the Arab country’s Shiite mosques from the ISIL attacks over the past two weeks tens of volunteer forces have set up popular committees to foil the ISIL’s plots, but some of them had been detained by the Al-Saud security troops.
Three Shiite mosques in the Eastern province had been targeted by terrorist bomb attacks in in May.
Informed sources in Saudi Arabia blamed Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the May 22 terrorist attack in a Shiite mosque in Qatif province.
Al-Waei news website quoted informed sources as saying that Mohammed bin Salman had ordered the suicide blast inside the mosque.
The website reported that this was the third attack on the Shiites in the past few months, describing it as a repercussion of the war on Yemen and increased divisive remarks by the Saudi clerics against the Shiites.
Prince Mohammed bin Salman plays the main role in the war against Yemen, the website said, adding that the May 22 attack was carried out at the order of the Saudi deputy crown prince to prevent any Shiite movement and possible protests.
At least 21 people lost their lives and 97 others sustained injuries in the bomb attack carried out by the Takfiri ISIL terrorist group.
Following the bombing, a large number of people took to the streets in Qatif to denounce the terrorist attack. The protesters also chanted slogans to show their anger at Saudi officials over the deadly blast.