An international rights group said it found evidence that a Saudi-led coalition used Brazilian-made rockets carrying cluster bombs when it targeted schools in northern Yemen earlier this month.
Human Rights Watch said Friday that the Dec. 6 airstrikes on Sa’ada killed two people. The attack came a day after Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the United States abstained from a UN vote to ban the use of cluster munitions, AP reported.
Earlier this week, the coalition said it would stop using British-made cluster bombs after Amnesty International and other groups raised concerns about civilian casualties.
HRW said it has documented the use of seven types of cluster munitions in Yemen, made in the US, Britain and Brazil.
The Saudi-led coalition has been conducting airstrikes against Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to crush the Houthis and reinstate the former Yemeni administration. The war has left at least 11,400 civilians dead, according to a latest tally by a Yemeni monitoring group.
The US has also been providing logistic and surveillance support to the kingdom in the bloody military aggression against Yemen.