Saudi Arab

UN must condemn deadly twin bombings in Homs: Syria

Homs BlastsSyria has called on the United Nations to condemn the recent terrorist bomb attacks which killed over 20 people, including women and children, in the country’s western city of Homs.

In letters to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the Security Council, the Syrian Foreign Ministry criticized the world body’s “continued silence” on the crimes perpetrated by foreign-backed terrorist groups against Syrians, SANA reported on Thursday.
“The government of Syrian Arab Republic calls on the Security Council to condemn that terrorist crime which claimed the lives of scores of Syrian innocents [as well as] other terrorist crimes that shed the Syrians’ blood,” said the letters.

    The letters also said the Security Council should “punish” Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey for supporting the Takfiri terrorists operating against Syria and turning a blind eye to the UN body’s resolutions on counterterrorism.

On April 9, at least 25 people were killed and more than 100 others injured when two car bomb attacks targeted a commercial street in the central part of Homs.
Later on the same day, foreign-backed militants reportedly shot and killed 14 people, including women and children, in the city’s Karm al-Zeitoun neighborhood.
Homs has been the scene of frequent attacks by foreign-sponsored extremist groups since the start of the deadly militancy in Syria some three years ago.
Reports say more than 150,000 people have so far been killed and millions of others displaced because of the ongoing violence plaguing the Arab state.
President Bashar al-Assad has vowed that his country would strike terror “with an iron fist.” He has also pledged that Syria will emerge “victorious” and “more powerful” from the foreign-backed crisis.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker