Saudi Arabian officials have been forced to suspend air traffic at an airport in the southern province of Jizan following yet another major drone attack by Yemeni resistance forces in retaliation for the kingdom’s ongoing war against the impoverished country.
Brigadier Yahya Saree, the spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces, said that the attacks on Thursday by the Yemeni Air Force saw indigenous Qasif-2K drone destroy a number of targets at the Jizan Airport.
According to Al Masirah television network, the air traffic remained suspended as of the time of this writing.
The attack was yet another testament to the Yemeni resistance forces’ expanding power in responding to the years-long Saudi war against the country, which has killed thousands of people since it started in March 2015.
The Houthi Ansarullah movement has so far carried out several high-profile drone and missile attacks against vital targets across Saudi Arabia, successfully bypassing the advanced air defenses of the kingdom which are mostly provided by the US.
“Yemen has advanced techniques, US systems, spread throughout Saudi Arabia, cannot intercept them,” Saree said.
He also pointed that Yemeni ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and drones are able to hit any targets in Saudi Arabia and that strikes will not be limited to Najran, Jizan and Asir which are closer to Yemeni territories.
He warned the Riyadh regime that Yemen was going to broaden its “deterrence area.”
The general also confirmed that Yemen had the ability to continuously manufacture missiles and drones for the years to come despite an aerial and maritime blockade by Saudi Arabia and its allies.Saree also underlined Yemen’s “full right and legitimacy” in responding to the aggression.
– Yemen drone attack