ISIS terrorist claimed responsibility for stabbing attack in London

The ISIS terrorist organization said through its Amaq news agency that Usman Khan, 28, a convicted terrorist out on Britain’s equivalent of parole, had acted Friday on its behalf.

The group did not provide any specific evidence that the attack was done at its direction, but said it was carried out in response to its calls to target countries that have been part of a coalition fighting the terrorist group, New York Post reported.

“The person who carried out the London attack… was a fighter from the Islamic State, and did so in response to calls to target citizens of coalition countries,” ISIS terrorist said, referring to a multi-country alliance against the group.

Metropolitan Police commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said Saturday they believed Khan acted alone.

The Metropolitan Police on Saturday named the man responsible for the London Bridge terror attack as Usman Khan, a 28-year-old from Staffordshire who killed two people and injured at least three more seriously. The man wearing a fake suicide vest, went on a rampage at a criminal justice seminar he was attending in central London.

On Friday the incident began just before 2 pm on Friday, when the attacker, who had been attending the Learning Together criminal justice conference at Fishmongers’ Hall on London Bridge began stabbing fellow delegates with two large knives.

It is understood the former prisoner, who was still on license and whose movements and travel was restricted, had been given permission to attend the event along with other convicted criminals.

The killer is thought to have attended the morning session, taking part in various workshops, in which he described his experiences as a prisoner, before launching his deadly attack without warning just before 2 pm.

Despite the fact he was wearing a fake suicide belt and threatening to blow himself up, the attacker was bravely challenged, including by at least one former prisoner, who was also attending the event.

After running out of Fishmongers’ Hall, onto London Bridge, the attacker was dragged to the ground, with passersby also joining to restrain him and prevent more carnage.

Five minutes after the alarm was first raised, armed officers from the City of London Police arrived on the scene and after pulling members of the public off the man, shot him dead.


Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker