You cannot copy content of this page
Yemen

WHO: Death Toll in Yemen Climbs over 2,000

The World Health Organization (WHO), which compiles figures on casualties in Yemen, said Thursday its latest figures show that 1,942 people had been killed between March 19 and May 22 due to the Saudi-US aggression.

It said 7,870 people were injured in the same period.

Residents of the southern city of Aden said Houthi fighters at checkpoints outside the city had been preventing trucks carrying basic foodstuffs and qat – a narcotic leaf many Yemenis chew daily – from entering.

They said they believe the measures were a punishment after local fighters ejected the Houthis from the nearby city of Dhalea in the most serious setback for the group since March.

Yemen has been since March 26 under brutal aggression by Saudi-US coalition. Thousands have been martyred and injured in the attack, with the vast majority of them are civilians.

Riyadh launched the attack on Yemen in a bid to restore power to Yemen’s fugitive president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi who is a close ally to Saudi Arabia.

On April 21, Saudi Arabia declared the end of the aggression, dubbed “Decisive Strom,” and the start of another campaign called “Restoring Hope.” The Saudi-led warplanes are still conducting airstrikes on several areas across Yemen.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker