The Yemeni forces, including fighters belonging to the Houthi Ansarullah movement and Popular Committees, launched an attack on the military base of Jelah in Jizan on Friday, killing several soldiers.
The joint forces also managed to destroy a military vehicle belonging to the Saudi forces at the military site.
The development came as Saudi Arabia pounded several areas across the impoverished Arab country despite international calls for an end to the deadly raids.
In their latest onslaught on Yemen, according to local media outlets, the Saudi fighter jets targeted the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, killing three people, including two women.
The Saudi fighters also targeted with several strikes the building of Yemeni security forces in Bayt al-Faqih city in the province of Hudaydah, killing at least three civilians and injuring several others.
The Saudi warplanes also bombarded a school in the district of Saqayn in the province of Sa’ada. In separate airstrikes, Saudi Arabia bombarded two districts, including Razih, in the province.
Saudi Warplanes also pounded the district of Midi in Hajjah Province as well as the international airport of the southern port city of Aden.
Earlier in the day, Saudi warplanes targeted a residential area in al-Tala’ district in the city of Sahar, killing at least two people and injuring several others.
The Saudi attacks come despite a call by United Nation Secretary General Ban Ki-moon for the cessation of the conflict in Yemen .
“He calls on the parties to agree, at the very minimum, on an immediate pause in hostilities until the end of the holy month of Ramadan, so that humanitarian aid can be delivered into and across Yemen and reach people cut off from vital supplies for months,” said a statement, issued by a spokesman for the UN chief, on Wednesday.
According to the UN, some 3,000 Yemenis have been killed, half of them civilians, and 14,000 others injured as a result of the ongoing conflict in the country in past three months.
The UN further says over a million people have fled their homes and 21 million need immediate help in the Arab country.
Saudi Arabia has been attacking different areas in Yemen since late March, without any authorization from the United Nations and heedless of international calls for the cessation of its deadly campaign against the Arabian Peninsula country.