A spokesman for Yemen’s Ansarullah Houthi movement said the forces of the Yemeni army and popular committees plan to mount a massive military operation against the Saudi-led coalition, which would change the equations in the southern port city of Aden.
The Saudi regime’s claims about the advances of its forces in Aden are part of a propaganda campaign and psychological warfare aimed at raising the spirits of the Saudi forces and fighters loyal to Yemen’s exiled government, Mohammad Abdul-Salam was quoted by Al-Manar TV network as saying.
Abdul-Salam further said that the Yemeni army and popular forces plan to conduct a massive operation soon and completely change the equations of the battle in Aden.
According to some media reports, the fighters backed by Saudi-led air strikes last week seized the airport in Aden and advanced into other parts of the port city held by the Houthis.
In the latest development late on Monday, a car blast outside a Shiite mosque in Sana’a killed five people and injured seven others, police sources and medics said. It was swiftly claimed by the local branch of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group.
It came as Riyadh continues its air raids against Yemeni people.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies began to militarily interfere in Yemen’s internal affairs by launching deadly air strikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
More than 3,000 people, including 1,500 civilians, have been killed over the past three months in Yemen, according to the United Nations. Some local sources put the number at 4,500.