Ansarullah fighters says captured Modern US-made missiles after raiding a Saudi military base in Najran province in the Southern part of the kingdom from Saudi Military Bases in Najran.
“Our fighters have seized advanced surface-to-surface missiles from Akafeh military base in Najran province in Southern Saudi Arabia,” senior Ansarullah commander Ebrahim al-Sa’ada told FNA on Sunday.
Al-Sa’ada declined to disclose the name of the US-made missiles and their launch system due to security concerns.
In a relevant development earlier Sunday, the Yemeni forces destroyed the Saudi military positions in a desert area in Yemen with a ballistic missile, killing scores of the kingdom’s forces.
The Qaher-I ballistic missile hit the Saudi military positions in al-Maraziq desert in Yemen on Sunday, the Arabic-language media outlets reported.
Early reports indicate large casualties on the Saudi forces in the missile attack. The Saudi army and its coalition members have lost, at least, over a hundred troops each time they have come under a ballistic missile attack by Yemen.
The Yemeni forces have fired tens of missiles on the military positions and gathering centers of Saudi-led coalition so far, killing hundreds of Saudi forces and injuring many more.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 331 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 8,300 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Over 3,750 schools have been closed and at least 1.2 million Yemeni people have been displaced so far.